Care & Maintenance
Your Chi Meditation Seat is made to the highest standards, but still needs you to take care of it and not abuse it. If you receive your Chi Meditation Seat and it has some wrinkling on the edges, please do not worry. This is completely normal. If you choose, you can push and squeeze the foam around the wrinkles to form the edges smooth (a bit like what you would do with a play dough).
The internal frame and exterior will remain in working order provided you comply with the following recommendations:
- Avoid heavily dropping your weight onto the chair – rather ease yourself onto it
- Do not drop your seat
- Do not drag your seat over rough surfaces (it must be lifted)
- Do not use the seat in any way other that what is recommended including placing your full weight on the outer knee supports or sitting inside the area where your feet go
To create the soft feeling you experience when sitting on your seat, we have chosen a less dense foam padding. Over time the padding may cause slight folds in the outer cover – this is a completely normal characteristic of the seat. This will change from user to user depending on angles of sitting, overall weight and frequency of use.
Periodically wipe down your seat using a clean, dry and non-abrasive white cloth.
- For dry dirt: brush delicately using a brush with soft bristles or use a vacuum cleaner at the medium suction power setting, taking care to avoid rubbing the accessory directly against the covering.
- For stains caused by substances soluble in water (soft drink, coffee, tea, milk, marmalade): rapidly remove the liquid from the surface using a white, non-abrasive cloth (or absorbent paper). Then rub delicately working from the outside of the stain towards the centre, using a clean cloth soaked in water. Do not soak the seat’s surface, and dry immediately using a dry cloth. Do not dry the seat in direct sunlight or with a hair dryer.
- For stains caused by greasy substances (oil, sauce, mayonnaise, chocolate): remove the substance delicately from the surface using absorbent paper, taking care not to exert pressure to prevent the dirt from entering the pores of the seat. Use a clean cloth, soaked in a very dilute solution of neutral soap, rubbing delicately working from the outside towards the centre of the stain.
- Dry immediately using a clean cloth. Only use water and colourless, mild soap.
- Position the seat at least 80 cm away from sources of heat such as heaters or radiators.
- Avoid exposing the seat to direct sunlight or to powerful lamps to ensure the colour of the covering remains bright.
- The above listed causes, as well as the use of unapproved detergent substances, may irreparably damage the covering, causing cracks and changes in colour.